Preliminary exercise learner response

1) Type up your teacher's feedback in full plus a summary of the comments you received from other students in the class.

WWW: 
*Very good opening shot- use of close-up
* Soundtrack- atmosphere
*Good performances-non verbal
*Editing- good pace
*Zoom in at end on photo
*Water in glass- recurring itself- different angles
*POV shots
*Match-on-action editing

2) Using a combination of your own reflection on the preliminary exercise and the feedback you were given, write three WWW bullet points and three EBI bullet points for your work.

WWW: 
Good use of  non-diegetic music
* Good use of camera shots & angles
* Good editing- right pace and use of match-on-action

EBI: 
* Add dialogue to production as this was part of the brief yet I have not included it. 

3) How effectively did you complete the objective you laid out in your mini preliminary exercise statement of intent?

I completed the objective that I laid out in my statement of intent in my mini preliminary exercise by:

*Using low-key lighting like I said I would. 
*Using non-diegetic music such as background music.
*Using zoom ins and close-ups.
*I have reinforced and subverted stereotypes; I've subverted by having the male character be trapped and held captive by a female character which is not commonly seen in crime dramas, and I had the female character be the one who is keeping the male character captive and she will be the one who will kill the male power which is another subversion of common stereotypes seen in TV crime dramas. 

4) What have you learned from the preliminary exercise that will help you in the actual coursework project?

From my preliminary exercise I've learned:

* How to effectively use low-key lighting to communicate the crime drama genre.
* How to use different camera shots to communicate meanings in my crime drama such as close-ups on key details to communicate to an audience that it's vital information and to pay attention. 
* Key editing tools such as match-on-action which adds a sense of flow and continuity to my production.
* That non-diegetic sound such as music is vital to setting the scene in my production. 

5) Now you have completed the preliminary exercise, will you change anything about your actual coursework video plan? This could include your concept, cast/actors and narrative or technical elements such as mise-en-scene, camerawork or editing.

Now that I've completed the preliminary exercise, I will try to include more different camera angles in future scenes that I will film as I believe this will add more to my production, I will also change the editing in the preliminary exercise to portray to the audience that it's a flashback that Taylor is viewing on the camera by adding an effect that shows it's a recording off a camera. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Project: Coursework Planning

Lil Nas X- Old Town Road CSP